Article 1 - DEFINITIONS:
- DATA CONTROLLER: Data Controller is the owner, and operator of the Website and/or the Mobile App and is the Party responsible for the collection of information described herein. Data Controller shall be referred to either by Data Controller's name or "Data Controller," as listed above. If Data Controller or Data Controller's property shall be referred to through first-person pronouns, it shall be through the use of the following: us, we, our, ours, etc.
- GOODS: “Goods” means any goods that we make available for sale on the Website and/or the Mobile App.
- SERVICES: "Services" means any services that we make available for sale on the Website and/or the Mobile App.
- PERSONAL DATA: "Personal DATA" means personal data and information that we obtain from you in connection with your use of the Website and/or the Mobile App that is capable of identifying you in any manner.
Article 2 - GENERAL INFORMATION:
We are committed to the protection of your privacy while you use our Website and/or our Mobile App.
Article 3 - CONTACT AND DATA PROTECTION OFFICER:
The Party responsible for the processing of your personal data is as follows: Blingfeed Inc. The Data Controller may be contacted as follows:
The Data Controller and operator of the Website and/or the Mobile App are one and the same.
The Data Protection Officer is as follows: Arvinderjit Singh. The Data Protection Officer may be contacted as follows:
Article 4 - LOCATION:
The location where the data processing activities take place is as follows, but not limited to:
United States, Canada & India.
Article 5 - MODIFICATIONS AND REVISIONS:
Article 6 - THE PERSONAL DATA WE RECEIVE FROM YOU:
Depending on how you use our Website and/or our Mobile App, you will be subject to different types of Personal DATA collected and different manners of collection:
a) Registered users: You, as a user of the Website and/or the Mobile App, may be asked to register in order to use the Website and/or the Mobile App or to purchase the Goods and/or Services available for sale.
During the process of your registration, we will collect some of the following Personal DATA from you through your voluntary disclosure:
- Billing address
- Shipping address
- Payment information (including credit card/Debit Card details or any other form of Payment method that is used to make the payment for the goods purchased)
- Email address
- Phone number
Personal DATA may be asked for in relation to:
- Interaction with our representatives in any way
- making purchases
- receiving notifications by text message or email about marketing
- receiving general emails and/or newsletters from us
- commenting on our content or other user-generated content on our Website and/or our Mobile App, such as blogs, articles, photographs or videos, or participating in our forums, bulletin boards, chat rooms, product reviews or other similar features
b) Unregistered users: If you are a passive user of the Website and/or the Mobile App and do not register for any purchases or other service, you may still be subject to certain passive data collection ("Passive Data Collection"). Such Passive Data Collection may include through cookies, as described below, IP address information, location information, and certain browser data, such as history and/or session information. Additionally, as you browse our Website and/or Mobile App, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Website and/or the Mobile A Cookies help us learn about your online activity including on other sites or services.
c) All users: The Passive Data Collection that applies to Unregistered users shall also apply to all other users and/or visitors of our Website and/or our Mobile App.
d) Sales & Billing Information: In order to purchase any of the goods or services on the Website and/or the Mobile App, you will be asked to provide certain credit information, billing address information, and possibly additional specific information so that you may be properly charged for your purchases. This payment and billing information may be stored. If so, it will be used exclusively to assist you with making future purchases with us.
e) Related Entities: We may share your Personal DATA, including Personal DATA that identifies you personally, with any of our parent companies, subsidiary companies, affiliates or other trusted related entities.
f) Email Marketing: You may be asked to provide certain Personal DATA, such as your name and email address, for the purpose of receiving email marketing communications. This information will only be obtained through your voluntary disclosure and you will be asked to affirmatively opt-in to email marketing communications.
g) User Experience: From time to time, we may request information from you to assist us in improving our Website and/or our Mobile App, and the Goods and Services we sell, such as demographic information or your particular preferences.
h) Content Interaction: Our Website and/or our Mobile App may allow you to comment on the content that we provide or the content that other users provide, such as product reviews, blogs, multimedia, or forum posts. If so, we may collect some Personal DATA from you at that time, such as, but not limited to, username or email address.
i) Combined or Aggregated Information: We may combine or aggregate some of your Personal DATA in order to better serve you and to better enhance and update our Website and/or our Mobile App for your and other consumers' use.
We may also share such aggregated information with others.
Article 7 - THE PERSONAL DATA WE RECEIVE AUTOMATICALLY:
When you visit our Website and/or our Mobile App, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse our Website and/or our Mobile App, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Website, and information about how you interact with the Website and/or the Mobile App. Cookies help us learn about your online activity including on other sites or services.
We collect this information using the following technologies, but not limited to:
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website stores on your device when you visit, typically containing information about the website itself, a unique identifier that allows the site to recognise your web browser when you return, additional data that serves the purpose of the cookie, and the lifespan of the cookie itself.
Cookies are used to enable certain features (eg. logging in), to track site usage (eg. analytics), to store your user settings (eg. timezone, notification preferences), and to personalise your content (eg. advertising, language).
Cookies set by the website you are visiting are normally referred to as “first-party cookies”, and typically only track your activity on that particular site. Cookies set by other sites and companies (ie. third parties) are called “third-party cookies”, and can be used to track you on other websites that use the same third-party service.
Types of cookies we use and how we use them
Essential cookies are crucial to your experience of a website, enabling core features like user logins, account management, shopping carts and payment processing. We use essential cookies to enable certain functions on our Website and our Mobile App.
Performance cookies are used in the tracking of how you use a website during your visit, without collecting personal information about you. Typically, this information is anonymous and aggregated with information tracked across all site users, to help companies understand visitor usage patterns, identify and diagnose problems or errors their users may encounter, and make better strategic decisions in improving their audience’s overall website experience. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party services. We use Google Analytics as one of the analytic tools. We use performance cookies on our Website and our Mobile App.
Functionality cookies are used in collecting information about your device and any settings you may configure on the website you’re visiting (like language and timezone settings). With this information, websites can provide you with customised, enhanced or optimised content and services. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party service. We use functionality cookies for selected features on our Website and our Mobile App.
Third-party cookies on our site
Our third-party privacy promise
We will never knowingly include third-party services that compromise or violate the privacy of our users.
How you can control or opt out of cookies
You can manage cookies through the settings of your browser on your device. However, deleting cookies from your browser may remove the preferences you have set for this Website and/or Mobile App.
Support in configuring your browser
You can manage cookies through the settings of your browser on your device. However, deleting cookies from your browser may remove the preferences you have set for this Website and/or this Mobile App.
For further information and support, you can also visit the specific help page of the web browser you are using:
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-us/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari: http://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
- Log Data:
- internet protocol (IP) address;
- type of browser and device parameters used to connect to the Website and/or the Mobile App;
- name of the Internet Service Provider (ISP);
- date and time of visit;
- web page of origin of the user (referral) and exit;
- possibly the number of clicks.
- Web Beacons:
“Web beacons” (also called “tracking pixels” or “clear gifs”), “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
The aforementioned information is processed in an automated form and collected in an exclusively aggregated manner in order to verify the correct functioning of the site, and for security reasons. This information will be processed according to the legitimate interests of the Data Controller.
For security purposes (spam filters, firewalls, virus detection), the automatically recorded data may also possibly include Personal DATA such as IP address, which could be used, in accordance with applicable laws, in order to block attempts at damage to the Website and/or the Mobile App or damage to other users, or in the case of harmful activities or crime. Such information will be treated according to the legitimate interests of the Data Controller.
Article 8 - THIRD PARTIES:
We may utilize third-party service providers ("Third-Party Service Providers"), from time to time or all the time, to help us with our Website and/or our Mobile App, and to help serve you.
We may use Third-Party Service Providers to assist with information storage (such as cloud storage).
We may provide some of your Personal DATA to Third-Party Service Providers in order to help us track usage data, such as referral websites, dates and times of page requests, etc. We use this information to understand patterns of usage of, and to improve, the Website and/or the Mobile App.
We may use Third-Party Service Providers to host the Website and/or the Mobile App. In this instance, the Third-Party Service Provider will have access to your Personal DATA.
We may use Third-Party Service Providers to fulfill orders in relation to the Website and/or the Mobile App.
Some of our Third-Party Service Providers may be located outside of the United States and may not be subject to U.S. privacy laws. The countries or regions in which our Third-Party Service Providers may be located including, but not limited to:
United States, Canada, India and China.
Your Personal DATA will not be sold or otherwise transferred to other third parties without your approval.
In general, you may request that we do not share your Personal DATA with third parties. Please contact us via email, if so. Please be advised that you may lose access to certain services that we rely on third-party providers for.
Article 9 - SOCIAL NETWORK PLUGINS:
The collection and use of information obtained by means of the plugin are governed by the respective privacy policies of the social networks, which can be found below:
Article 10 - HOW PERSONAL DATA IS STORED AND TRANSFERRED:
We use secure physical and digital systems to store your Personal DATA when appropriate. We ensure that your Personal DATA is protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, or destruction.
The Personal DATA we collect is stored and processed in United States, Canada and India, or where we or our partners, affiliates and third-party providers maintain facilities. By providing us with your Personal DATA, you consent to the disclosure to these overseas third parties.
We will ensure that any transfer of Personal DATA from countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries outside the EEA will be protected by appropriate safeguards, for example by using standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission, or the use of binding corporate rules or other legally accepted means.
Where we transfer Personal DATA from a non-EEA country to another country, you acknowledge that third parties in other jurisdictions may not be subject to similar data protection laws to the ones in our jurisdiction. There are risks if any such third party engages in any act or practice that would contravene the data privacy laws in our jurisdiction and this might mean that you will not be able to seek redress under our jurisdiction’s privacy laws.
Please note, however, that no system involving the transmission of information via the internet, or the electronic storage of data, is completely secure. However, we take the protection and storage of your Personal DATA very seriously. We take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal DATA.
Personal DATA is stored throughout your relationship with us. We delete your Personal DATA upon request for cancelation of your account or other general request for the deletion of data.
In the event of a breach of your Personal DATA, you will be notified in a reasonable time frame, but in no event later than two weeks, and we will follow all applicable laws regarding such breach.
Article 11 - PURPOSES OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA:
We primarily use your Personal DATA to help us provide a better experience for you on our Website and/or our Mobile App and to provide you the services and/or information you may have requested, such as use of our Website and/or our Mobile App.
Information that does not identify you personally, but that may assist in providing us broad overviews of our customer base, will be used for market research or marketing efforts. Such information may include, but is not limited to, interests based on your cookies.
We use your Personal DATA that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through our Website and/or our Mobile App (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we may use your Personal DATA to:
- To communicate with you;
- To screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, to provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services;
- To enable you to customize or personalize your experience of our Website and/or our Mobile App;
- To attribute any content (e.g. posts, reviews and comments) you submit that we publish on our Website and/or our Mobile App;
- To process any transactional or ongoing payments;
- To deliver products and/or services to you;
- To enable you to access and use our Website, Mobile App, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- For internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- For analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Website, Mobile App, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- To run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- For advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- To comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- To consider your employment application.
We use your Personal DATA that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Website and/or our Mobile App (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Website and/or the Mobile App, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
As described above, we use your Personal DATA to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Google DoubleClick DART Cookie
We don’t keep personal information for longer than is necessary. While we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security. If necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
Article 12 - DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA:
Although our policy is to maintain the privacy of your Personal DATA as described herein, we may disclose your Personal DATA if we believe that it is reasonable to do so in certain cases, in our sole and exclusive discretion. Such cases may include, but are not limited to:
- Third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, ad networks, analytics, error loggers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors, order fulfilment and payment systems operators;
- Our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- Sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- Courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- Third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you; and
- Third parties to collect and process data;
- We share your Personal Information with Merchants and their services providers to fulfil the purchase, share feedback and reviews. Information shared with merchants and their service providers is subject to their own policies;
- We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Website and/or the Mobile App – you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout;
- As may be necessary for the operation of our Website and/or the Mobile App;
- If we suspect any fraudulent activity on our Website and/or our Mobile App or if we have noticed any activity which may violate our terms or other applicable rules.
Article 13 - PUBLIC INFORMATION:
We may allow users to post their own content or information publicly on our Website and/or our Mobile App. Such content or information may include, but is not limited to, photographs, status updates, blogs, reviews, articles, or other personal snippets. Please be aware that any such information or content that you may post should be considered entirely public and that we do not purport to maintain the privacy of such public information.
Article 14 – OPTING OUT OF TRANSMITTALS FROM US:
From time to time, we may send you informational or marketing communications related to our Website and/or our Mobile App such as announcements or other information. If you wish to opt-out of such communications, you may contact the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also click the opt-out link which will be provided at the bottom of any and all such communications.
Please be advised that even though you may opt-out of such communications, you may still receive information from us that is specifically about your use of our Website and/or our Mobile App, about your order or about your account with us.
By providing any Personal DATA to us, or by using our Website and/or our Mobile App in any manner, you have created a commercial relationship with us. As such, you agree that any email sent from us or third-party affiliates, even unsolicited email, shall specifically not be considered SPAM, as that term is legally defined.
Article 15 - MODIFYING, DELETING, AND ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION:
If you wish to modify any information we may have about you, or you wish to simply access any information we have about you, you may do so from your account settings page.
Article 16 - ACCEPTANCE OF RISK:
Article 17 - YOUR RIGHTS:
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below. If you ask us to restrict or limit how we process your personal information, we will let you know how the restriction affects your use of our website or products and services.
Access and data portability: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Where possible, we will provide this information in CSV format or other easily readable machine format. You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you at any time. You may also request that we transfer this personal information to another third party.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Notification of data breaches: We will comply laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request for the following information about how we have collected and used your personal information during the past 12 months:
- The categories of personal information we have collected and how it was used and shared;
- The categories of sources from which we collected personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information;
- The categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- Delete personal information we collected (with some exceptions);
- Opt-out of the sale of your personal information; and
- The right to non-discrimination for exercising your CCPA rights.
To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or using our online form. You will be required to verify your identify before we fulfill your request and we reserve the right to confirm your California residency.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or using our online form.
Article 18 - BUSINESS TRANSFERS
If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include data among the assets transferred to any parties who acquire us. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.
Article 19 - LIMITS OF OUR POLICY
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
Article 20 - CONTACT INFORMATION: